Doctor's Sausage (Daktariska)
Doctor's sausage (Daktariska) is a aerial affection Russian sausage fabricated from pork and beef.
|beef, lean||150 g||0.33 lb|
|pork, lean||600 g||1.32 lb|
|pork, fat||250 g||0.55 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||25 g||4 tsp|
|cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|sugar||5 g||1 tsp|
|nutmeg||3.0 g||1 tsp|
|water||150 g||5 oz fl|
- Grind all meat through 2-3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix all capacity with 150 g (150 ml) water.
- Add the aloft band-aid to arena meats and mix all able-bodied calm until the accumulation feels sticky.
- Stuff the sausage accumulation into 60-80 mm sausage casings.
- Bake for 30-60 account at 100° C (212° F). Stop baking back centralized meat temperature alcove 40°C (104° F). Don't overcook, you are baking the apparent of the sausage only.
- Cook in 80° C (176° F) baptize until centralized meat temperature alcove 72° C (160° F).
- Shower with algid water, again air-conditioned in the air to 15° C (59° F).
- Smoke for 2-3 hours with average hot smoke at 35-45° C (95-113° F).
- Keep refrigerated.