Touristenwürstchen (Small Day-tripper Sausage)
Touristenwürstchen is a baby German sausage. A Day-tripper Sausage can be begin in abounding countries for archetype in Poland ("Kiełbasa Turystyczna") or in Russia. They are baby bore smoked and accessible to backpack sausages.
|Pork abdomen side||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Pork shoulder||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Beef, lean||200 g||0.44 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.0 g||1/3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Grind pork abdomen and accept through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Grind beef through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix all meat with all ingredients.
- Stuff into 28 mm pork casings bond every 20 cm (8").
- Hold at allowance temperature for 60 account (optional step, but recommended).
- Smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Boil in baptize at 75° C (167° F) for 20 minutes.
- Shower with algid water, air-conditioned in air and refrigerate.