Saucisse de Pommes de Terre (French Potato Sausage)
French potato sausage fabricated from arena meat and potatoes, carrots and leeks are generally included. This sausage is accepted in Arctic Alsace (l’Alsace du Nord), the arena acclaimed for its wines and beers. Including potatoes in a sausage is accomplished in abounding countries, for archetype Swedish Potato Sausage (Potatis Korv) or Spanish Papatera.
|Pork, butt||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Potatoes||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Carrots||50 g||1.76 lb|
|Leeks||50 g||1.76 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice||0.5 g||1.4 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
- Boil potatoes until semi-cooked. Air-conditioned them.
- Clean carrots and leeks and baker in baptize until softer. Cool.
- Grind pork through 8 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Grind potatoes through 8 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Dice carrots and cut leeks into abate pieces.
- Mix arena pork, potatoes, carrots, leeks and spices together.
- Stuff into 36 mm pork casings.
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.