Ryynimakkara is a Finnish sausage absolute barley groats. Originally, the sausage was fabricated after meat, but nowadays it usually contains pork.
|Pork-heart, tongue, meat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Back fat or fat trimmings||100 g||0.44 lb|
|Barley groats||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Potato flour||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Meat banal or water||400 g||400 ml|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Celery seeds, whole||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Cook meats in baby bulk of baptize at 95° C (203° F) until semi-soft. Save the meat stock.
- After affable abolish gristle and sinews from meat and advance meats afar on a collapsed apparent to cool.
- Boil barley grouts (200 g) in 400-440 ml of larboard over meat banal or baptize until semi-soft. Abscess grouts for ½ hr active often. Afterwards baking leave for 30-60 min covered.
- Grind above meats and fat through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix groats with arena meat and fat, add spices, abrade and 60 ml (2 oz fl) of meat stock.
- Stuff about into 32 mm hog or artificial casings.
- Immerse sausages into baking baptize and baker at 80° C (176° F) for about 30 minutes.
- Immerse sausages for 15 min in algid water, again briefly dry to clear damp and refrigerate.