Suvalska (Kiełbasa suwalska)
Polish smoked pork and beef sausage from Suwałki region..
|Pork, lean||600 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||210 g||0.46 lb|
|Pork, affluent in affiliation tissue||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Beef, angular or semi-fat, with affiliation tissue||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Blood*||90 ml||0.20 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.5 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Grind: angular pork - 1/2” (12 mm) plate; semi-fat pork - 3/8” (8 mm);
- pork with affiliation tissue - 1/8” (3 mm); beef - 1/8” (3 mm).
- Using aliment processor emulsify beef and pork with affiliation tissue abacus 15% (30 ml or 1 oz fl) of algid water. Add spices during this step.
- Mix/knead angular and semi-fat pork abacus alkali and cure # 1 until sticky. Add blurred meat, claret and remix.
- Stuff durably into ample bore accustomed or constructed casings. Anatomy 12-14” (25-30 cm) links, tie the ends and accomplish blind loop. Adhere for 60 min at allowance temperature (optional step, but awful recommended).
- Apply hot smoke 45-80° C (113-176° F) for 60 min until casings advance amber color.
- Cook in baptize at 72-75° C (160-167° F) for 30-60 min until sausages ability 72° C (160° F) centralized temperature.
- Cool in algid baptize for 20 minutes. Accumulate refrigerated.
* claret which has acceptable bounden backdrop was added due to the curtailment of meat back the 2nd Apple War has ended. You can use pork meat instead.