Serbian Sausage (Kiełbasa serbska parzona)
|Beef||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Pork aback fat||600 g||1.32 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||1.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika||2.0 g||1 tsp|
- Cut aback fat into 1/2” (15 x 15 mm) strips. Rub alkali into the strips all about and abode them in refrigerator for 12 days. Alkali for salting aback fat, as needed, about 28 g (1 oz, 5 tsp)
- Wash briefly absolute fat strips and dry with cardboard towel. Dice the fat strips into 1/2” (12 x 12 mm) cubes.
- Grind beef through 1/8” (3 mm plate) abacus alkali and cure #1.
- Mix (knead) arena beef with spices until sticky. Mix aback fat cubes with paprika. Mix aggregate together.
- Stuff durably into beef circuit or 36-40 mm hog casings. Accomplish rings, tie the ends together.
- Hang for 12 hours in refrigerator OR for 2 hours at allowance temperature.
- Apply balmy smoke at (
- Cook in baptize at 72-75° C (160-167° F) for about 45 account or until sausages ability 68-70° C (154-158° F) centralized temperature.
- Cool for 15 account in algid water. Dry briefly and refrigerate.