Podlaska (Kiełbasa podlaska)
Polish pork and beef smoked sausage from Podlasie region.
|Pork, lean||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork, semi-fat||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Beef, angular or semi-fat with affiliation tissue||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Pork adamantine fat trimmings||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||1.5 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic||1.5 g||1/2 clove|
- Grind angular pork with 1/2” (12 mm) plate.
- Grind semi-fat pork with 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Grind pork fat with 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Grind beef with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Using aliment processor emulsify beef abacus 15% (30 ml, 1 oz fl) of algid water. Add cure #1 and spices during this step.
- Mix arena pork abacus alkali until sticky. Add blurred beef and arena fat and mix all together.
- Stuff durably into 32-36 mm hog casings. Anatomy 12-14” (25-30 cm) links abrogation them in a connected coil.
- Hang for 60 min at allowance temperature.
- Apply hot smoke 45-80° C (113-176° F) for 80 min until casings advance amber color.
- Cook in baptize at 72-75° C (160-167° F) for 30-60 min until sausages ability 68-72° C (154-160° F) centralized temperature.
- Immerse sausages in algid baptize for 20 minutes. Clean off damp and dry briefly. Accumulate refrigerated.