Husarska Sausage (Kiełbasa husarska)
Polish smoked sausage.
|Beef, affiliation tissue allowed||550 g||1.21 lb|
|Pork aback fat or adamantine fat trimmings||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Pork trimmings with affiliation tissue||50 g||0.11 lb|
|Beef trimmings, all grades||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|White alacrity berry (ground)||3.0 g||1-1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Grind: beef with affiliation tissue - 3/8” (8 mm) plate; beef trimmings - 1/8” (3 mm); pork with affiliation tissue - 1/8” (3 mm); aback fat or fat trimmings - 3/8” (8 mm).
- Using aliment processor emulsify beef and pork trimmings abacus 30-35% (30 ml or 1 oz fl) ice or algid water. Add cure #1 and spices during this step.
- Add alkali to arena beef and mix until sticky. Add blurred admixture and arena fat and mix aggregate able-bodied together.
- Stuff into beef middles or 65 mm constructed coarse casings. Adhere at allowance temperature for 2-3 hours, this allows sodium nitrite to advance stronger color.
- Apply hot smoke for 70-80 min, again access temperature to 80° C (176° F) and broil for 40 min. Absolute time 100-120 minutes. The sausage is done back the meat alcove 68-70° C (154-158° F) centralized temperature and casings advance ablaze amber color.
- Cool sausages in air to 18° C (64° F) or lower. Accumulate refrigerated.
Instead of baking the sausages afterwards smoker may be adapted in baptize at 80° C (176° F) until the meat alcove 68-70° C (154-158° F) centralized temperature. Asperse (or shower) in algid baptize to lower sausage temperature to 12° C (53° F) or lower. Accumulate refrigerated.