Pinkelwurst is a German sausage fabricated with pork, bacon, oats and onions. Best served with Kale and potatoes. The sausage is actual accepted in northwest Germany, abnormally the arena about Oldenburg, Bremen and Osnabrück.
|Pork belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Back fat, fat trimmings||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Beef fat (suet), beef branch fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Oats||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Onions||150 g||0.33 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||3.0 g||1.5 tsp|
|Allspice||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Soak oats (steel cut type) in hot baptize for 30 minutes.
- Chop belly, fats and onions into abate pieces and mix with all ingredients.
- Grind the admixture through 5 mm (1/4") plate. Mix with oats together.
- Stuff into 60 mm accustomed casings basic 20 cm (8") links.
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 60 minutes.
- Cool in baptize for 10 minutes, again accomplishment cooling in air.
The acceptable way to serve pinkel is above and served on top of kale. The sausage is usually cut accessible lengthwise, and the capacity are angry out of the casing.