Krainer sausage has its roots in Slovenia (Kranjska Klobasa), but is additionally accepted in Austria and Germany.
|Lean pork||700 g||1.54 lb|
|Pork fat||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Beef, medium-fat, with affiliation tissue||150 g||0.33 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||16 g||2.5 g|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.0 g||1 clove|
|Water||90 ml||3 oz fl|
- Grind angular pork and beef through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix with alkali and Cure #1 abacus boring water.
- Grind fat through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix meat, fat and all capacity together.
- Stuff into 28 mm pork casings basic 15 cm (6") links.
- Hold at allowance temperature for 60 account (optional step, but recommended).
- Smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Boil at 75° C (167° F) for 25 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.