Jaternice is a Czech/Slovak sausage fabricated from pork meat/offal and a accompaniment actual such as rice or barley. The sausage is advance arena and consistently contains garlic. It was originally fabricated from bits meats such as pork liver, lungs, arch meat, heart. Claret was sometimes added as well. It makes a little faculty to altercate about the agent of the sausage as both Czech Republic and Slovakia were in the accomplished one country accepted as Czechoslovakia.
|Pork liver||300 g||0.66 lb.|
|Pork shoulder, meat trimmings, belly||700 g||1.32 lbs|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.5 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic||7.0 g||2 cloves|
|Onion||30 g||2 Tbsp|
|Cooked rice||150 g||1 cup|
|Cold baptize or meat stock||90 ml||3 oz fl|
- Poach alarmist for 10 account in hot baptize until no traces of claret are visible.
- Cook all meats (except liver) in baptize for about 2 hours. Accumulate baptize temperature beneath the baking point. Save stock.
- Spread the meats on the table and let them cool.
- Grind meats through 5/16” (8 mm) plate.
- Grind alarmist through a 1/4”(6 mm) plate.
- Cook rice for about 15 minutes. Abode some bacon fat or drip on a frying pan and fry onions until burnished and golden, but not brown.
- Mix aggregate together, abacus 125 ml (½ cup) baptize or actual meat stock. You may acting some baptize with white wine.
- Stuff about into 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook in baptize or in meat banal at 80º C (176º F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.