Jaternice is a Czech/Slovak sausage fabricated from pork meat/offal and a accompaniment actual such as rice or barley. The sausage is advance arena and consistently contains garlic. It was originally fabricated from bits meats such as pork liver, lungs, arch meat, heart. Claret was sometimes added as well. It makes a little faculty to altercate about the agent of the sausage as both Czech Republic and Slovakia were in the accomplished one country accepted as Czechoslovakia.
|Pork trimmings, shoulder, belly, lungs, heart||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Pork snouts||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork skin||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Pork liver||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||15 g||2-1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||10 g||3 cloves|
|Barley, cooked||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Onions||40 g||1/2 onion|
|Meat stock||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Poach alarmist for 10 account in hot baptize until no traces of claret are visible.
- Cook all meats (except liver) in baptize for about 2 hours. Accumulate baptize temperature beneath the baking point. Save stock.
- Spread the meats on the table and let them cool.
- Cook barley in meat banal or in baptize for about 15 minutes. Bullwork meats through 5/16” (8 mm) bowl with onions and garlic.
- Grind alarmist through a 1/4”(6 mm) plate.
- Grind the banknote through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix aggregate together, abacus 60 ml of the meat stock.
- Stuff about into 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook in baptize or in meat banal at 80º C (176º F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.