A German beef and pork sausage. Adverse to the name, Bierwurst does not accommodate any beer, but rather, is eaten as bite with beer.
|Lean beef||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Lean pork (shoulder)||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork aback fat||350 g||0.77 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.0 g||1/3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Caraway, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Mustard seed, whole||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, smashed||3.0 g||1 clove|
- Grind pork through 5 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Dice fat into 5 mm (1/4”) cubes.
- Grind beef through 3 mm (1/8”) plate. Abode in aliment processor, add alkali and a little algid baptize and emulsify.
- Mix arena pork with blurred accumulation and spices. Lastly, add fat and mix all together.
- Stuff into beef middles or 50-60 mm constructed coarse casings.
- Apply smoke at 60° C (140° F) for 60 minutes.
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 60 minutes.
- Place sausages for 15 account in algid water.
- Briefly adhere to clear moisture. Accumulate refrigerated.