Rookworst is a accepted Dutch smoked sausage fabricated of pork or pork and beef/veal and smoked with beech wood. Gelderland is the better arena of the Netherlands, amid in the axial eastern allotment of the country.
|Beef||350 g||077 lb|
|Pork jowls||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork belly||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Water||50 ml||1.66 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Grind beef with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Grind jowls with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Grind abdomen with 1/4” (6 mm) plate.
- Mix arena beef and jowls with salt, cure #1 and baptize until sticky. Add abdomen and spices and mix again.
- Stuff into 32-34 mm hog casings.
- Hang for 2 hours at allowance temperature. This allows sodium nitrite to advance stronger color.
- Smoke with beech or oak at 30° C (86° F) for 2 hours.
- Cook in hot baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool in algid baptize for 10 minutes.
- Dry briefly and refrigerate.