Currywurst is the best accepted sausage in Berlin and Hamburg, however, the sausage itself has not abundant appearance as any sausage can become “currywurst” as continued as it is topped off with the currywurst sauce. In Curry-Bratwurst back-scratch crumb is one of the above capacity so the sausage does not depend on booze for the flavor. The sausage, can of course, be served with a back-scratch booze as well.
|Pork shoulder||1000 g||2.2 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Curry||6.0 g||3 tsp|
|Mace||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Ginger||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Lemon zest, grated||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 ml||1/2 tsp|
|Water, cold||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Grind meat through 3 mm (1/8”) plate.
- Mix meat with salt, baptize and spices until sticky.
- Stuff into 28 mm sheep or hog casings basic 30 cm (1") links.
- Boil in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 30 minutes.
- Immerse for 10 account in algid baptize than dry in air to clear moisture.