Botifarra Blanca – Lérida
This adaptation of botifarra sausage is accepted in a burghal of Lérida (Lleida in Catalan) which is amid in the western allotment of Catalan arena of Spain. The sausage contains meat cuts that are acclimated for authoritative arch cheese (offal meat) and which would be adamantine to advertise in a accepted store. It is alleged “white botifarra” because no claret is added.
|Pork dewlap||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pork arch meat, lean||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Snouts, arch meat, skins||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Meat trimmings, fat included||450 g||0.99 lb|
|Tongue||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Heart||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||20 g||3.5 tsp|
|Black pepper||5.0 g||2.5 tsp|
- Place snouts, dewlap, arch meat trimmings in pot, add 1 bay leaf, 1 allspice drupe and 1 abysm per 1 kg of meats) and simmer until done. Cesspool and advance on the table.
- Cut argot and affection into abate pieces.
- Grind tongue, affection and adapted meats through 8-10 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Mix all with alkali and pepper.
- Stuff into 30-40 mm pork casings. Anatomy ambit loops about 50 cm (20”) long.
- Cook in baptize at 85° C (18° 5 F) for 30 account or until the sausage alcove 72° C (160° F) centralized temperature.
- Cool with active baptize or abode in algid baptize for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow damp to clear and refrigerate.
Sausage can be captivated algid or cooked.