Contrary to the name, Bierschinken does not accommodate any beer, but rather, is eaten as bite with beer. It is a cautiously arena adapted sausage (Brühwurst) with arresting chunks of convalescent red meat. Its arrangement looks like mortadella which accept a compatible blush arrangement with casual cubes of white fat which acts as show-meat. In Beerschinken the show-meat are convalescent pieces of red meat.
|Lean pork, rear lag (ham) or high pork accept (butt)||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Lean pork with little fat (5%), no affiliation tissue||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Jowls||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Fat trimmings||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||16 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mace||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Ginger||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Water||60 ml||2 oz fl|
- Dice show-meat pork into 20 mm (3/4") cubes. Mix with 1/2 alkali and Cure #1. Backpack deeply in container, awning with bolt and authority for 3 canicule in refrigerator. This abating footfall will advance able red blush in appearance meat.
- Grind fat through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Grind pork and jowls through 3 mm (1/8") plate. Bullwork again. Mix with baptize and actual alkali and Cure #1.
- Mix convalescent pork, pork, spices and fat together.
- Stuff into 90 mm bogus waterproof casings, 50 cm (20") long.
- Boil in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 120 minutes.
- Shower/immerse with algid baptize and adhere in air to air-conditioned and dry.
Bierschinken can be captivated algid or hot.