An American adaptation of Bologna Cotto. Bologna Cotto is annihilation abroad than a smoked and adapted in baptize sausage that is blimp into ample bore casing. The meat and fat are cautiously ground. By description a “traditional salami” is a brewed and broiled or hardly brewed and broiled sausage, however, Bologna Cotto does not accommodated these criteria. It about is classified as such. Addition sausage Koch Bologna is additionally a adapted sausage, but alleged bologna as well. These sausages may attending like salami, but they display actual little of the “cheesy’ acidity so archetypal of acceptable salami.
|Lean beef||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Lean pork||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork aback fat or adamantine fat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||21 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Non-fat dry milk||30 g||1 oz|
|Sugar||10 g||2 tsp|
|Cracked atramentous pepper||4.0 g||2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cardamom||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Garlic||3.5 g||1 clove|
- Grind: beef through 1/4 (6 mm) plate; angular pork with 1/8” (3 mm) plate; fat with 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Mix/knead arena beef and pork with alkali and Cure #1 until sticky. Add spices and arena fat and mix again.
- Stuff into 100 mm (4 inch) coarse casings.
- Hang brief in refrigerator OR for 2 hours at allowance temperature.
- Smoke for 3 hours at 46° C (115° F).
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for about 90 min until sausages ability 68-70° C (154-158° F) centralized temperature.
- Cool sausages in algid water, dry briefly and refrigerate.