Black Pudding with Cream
|Blood||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Fat (beef or pork)||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Oatmeal||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Barley||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Double cream||100 g||3.3 oz fl|
|Onions||100 g||2 onions|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|White pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Mace||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Ground coriander||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Onion, cautiously chopped||30 g||1 oz|
- Soak biscuit in water. Drain.
- Cook barley in baptize for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Dice fat into 1/4” (6 mm) cubes.
- Finely dice onions and fry in a little fat until glassy. Mix with oats and barley.
- Mix claret with salt, add spices and cream. Cascade over barley and oats. Mix all able-bodied together.
- Stuff about into 32 - 36 mm hog casings.
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for about 40 minutes. Abundance in refrigerator. The sausage can be eaten algid or fried.