Morcilla de Burgos
The acceptable Morcilla Burgalesa is fabricated after meat. The basic capacity are onions, rice, lard, claret and spices. The accepted accord is that the sausage should be bland, anointed and spicy. Burgos is a burghal in arctic Spain and the celebrated basic of Castile in Castilla-León region. Archetypal morcillas de Burgos are fabricated with the locally developed Horcal onion which is the basic ingredient. It is believed that this onion is what gives the sausage its character.
|Onions||420 g||0.92 lb|
|Rice||210 g||0.46 lb|
|Lard||210 g||0.46 lb|
|Pork blood||160 ml||5.33 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika, sweet||10 g||5 tsp|
|Paprika, hot||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Oregano, rubbed||3.0 g||3 tsp|
|Thyme, rubbed||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Coriander||1.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Anise, ground||0.2 g||1/8 tsp|
- Cook rice, but do not overcook. Chop the onions finely.
- Mix onions with rice, spices and blood. Abode drip in pot and administer low heat, active often. Back the drip starts to cook mix it with added ingredients.
- Stuff into 35-45 mm accustomed casings bond every 20 cm (8”).
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 40 minutes.
- Air air-conditioned to 8-10° C (47-50° F) and refrigerate.