Morcilla Asturiana is a Spanish claret sausage from Asturias, the arena in north-west Spain. This sausage is carefully accompanying to Morcilla de Cebolla (onion atramentous pudding) which is smoked and dried.Morcilla Asturiana is the arch additive in abounding Asturian stews, the best accepted is Fabada Asturiana which is a bean stew.
|Onions||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Back fat, dewlap, kidney, belly||250 g||0.55 lb|
|Beef||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Offal meat (heart, lungs, liver, arch meat)||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Pig blood||50 ml||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||12 g||2 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||10 g||3 tsp|
|Pimentón, hot||6 g||2 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Parsley, chopped||2 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Mint leaves||1 tsp||1 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||7 g||2 cloves|
- Cook bits meat in baptize (below baking point) until soft. Air-conditioned and bullwork through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Grind beef through 6 mm (1/4") plate.
- Finely cut onions or bullwork them through 1/8” (3 mm) plate.
- Dice fat into 3/8” (10 mm) cubes.
- In a bucket balmy up some drip on low heat. Add the minced onions, bisected salt, minced garlic and one bay leaf. Baker baldheaded on on actual low calefaction until onions are burnished but not browned. Abolish from the calefaction and abode in a bond bowl. Let them cool.
- Except fat, mix blood, meat and all added ingredients. Add diced fat and mix again.
- Laddle the admixture about through a carry into 36 mm hog casings. Tie into 12” (30 cm) rings.
- Place the sausages into a ample pot with hot water. Baker at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Cool the sausages in air.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke at 18° C (64° F) for 3 weeks. Algid smoker is not a connected action so do not anguish if there is no smoke brief as continued as the temperature stays beneath 18° C. Algid smoker is dehydration with smoke.