Morcela de Assar de Portalegre
Morcela de Assar de Portalegre is a Portuguese smoked claret sausage from the commune of Portalegre. As aboriginal as 1750 advertence was fabricated to these products, attesting to the acceptability enjoyed by the pork articles produced in the Portalegre area. The raw actual is acquired from pigs of the Alentejo breed, aloft in the accessible air, beneath all-encompassing or semi-extensive conditions, in an agroforestry arrangement (basic augment actuality grass and acorns) in the oak forests of the Alentejo region.
It is fabricated from fat (neck, belly, aback fat) and claret from pigs of the Alentejo brand with accession of salt, arena broiled ungerminated garlic, cumin, candied pepper and, occasionally, wine from the Portalegre region.
Morcela de Assar de Portalegre carries PGI, 1997 classification.
|Pork fat trimmings (belly, close or aback fat)||600 g||1.32 lb|
|Pork blood||400 ml||0.88 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||5 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Paprika, sweet||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Cumin||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Garlic, powder||5.0 g||1 tsp|
- Cut fat into 5/8” (10 mm) pieces.
- Mix fat, claret and spices.
- Stuff into 20-40 mm hog casings authoritative 40 cm continued horseshoe-shaped rings, with a affection cord angry or askance about the ends.
- Smoke for 10 canicule with oak copse at 18° C (64° F).
- Store at a temperature of amid 5° C and 15° C. It can be eaten as it is, roasted, absurd or boiled. It is acclimated as an additive in abounding of the acceptable bounded dishes, the best acclaimed of which is cozido à portuguesa. It is additionally generally eaten as a amateur or as an aperitif.