Morcilla de Calabaza de Mezcla (Blood Sausage with Pumpkin, Rice and Onions)
Blood sausage fabricated with pumpkin, pork blood, aback fat, onions and spices. All blimp into accustomed or bogus casings and cooked.
|Pork aback fat||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Blood||200 ml||0.44 lb|
|Pumpkin||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Cooked rice||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Onions||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Potatoes||100 g||0.22 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||10 g||5 tsp|
|Pimentón, hot||6.0 g||3 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cumin||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Oregano, rubbed||2.0 g||2 tsp|
|Garlic, diced||3.5 g||1 clove|
|Parsley, chopped||1 bunch||3 Tbsp|
|Mint, chopped||1 tsp||1 tsp|
- Dice onions and baker in baptize for 45 minutes. Drain. Advance on the table and let the beef and the damp to evaporate.
- Cut attic into abate sections, abolish seeds and fiber. Baker attic for 25 account in water, 15 account in beef or broil for 30 account at 176° C (350° F). Abolish the bark (it peels off easily) and cut the pieces into abate parts. Abode the attic beef in aliment processor and emulsify it into the puree. Don’t add any baptize as attic has affluence of it. Abode attic borsch in a clarification bag, abode some weight on top and let it cesspool overnight.
- Cook the rice.
- Boil potatoes and cesspool them.
- Grind fat through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Grind the pumpkin, onions and potatoes through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Except blood, mix aggregate together: fat, spices, pumpkin, potatoes and rice. Add assuredly the claret and mix all together.
- Stuff into 36 mm pork casings basic U-shaped loops about 50 cm (20") long. Tie the ends calm with twine.
- Dry at 12-15° C (53-59° F), 75-85% clamminess for 30 days.
- Store at