Butifarrón de Baleares
Butifarrón is a adapted sausage from Balearic Islands ((Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, Formentera) which is fabricated with pork meat, pork bits (liver, lungs), pork abdomen and a little blood.
|Pork, lean||500 g||1.10 lb|
|Skins||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Lungs, liver||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Back fat||100 g||0.22 lb|
|Blood||50 ml||1.76 oz fl|
|Fried pork abdomen or pork banknote with absorbed meat||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||30 g||5 tsp|
|Black pepper||5.0 g||2.5 tsp|
|Cinnamon||1.0 g||½ tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Star anise, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp.|
- Boil lungs (if used) for 1-2 hours. Abscess banknote for 1-2 hours.
- Grind lungs, alarmist and banknote through 3 mm (1/8”).
- Grind all added meats and fat through 5 mm (1/4”) plate.
- Mix all meats and fats with claret and spices.
- Stuff into 34-36 mm pork casings basic links 10-12 cm (4-5”) long.
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 45 minutes.
Consume cold, adapted or grilled.