Boudin Noir Aux Noix (French Claret Sausage with Nuts)
|Pork blood||400 ml||0.88 lb|
|Pork fat||150 g||0.33 lb|
|Full milk||100 ml||0.22 lb|
|Cream||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Onions||280 g||10 oz|
|Nuts: walnuts, hazel, almonds, pecans||60 g||2 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Starch (potato, tapioca)||15 g||1 Tbsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||¼ tsp|
|Cloves||0.25 g||1/8 tsp|
- Cut the fat into 25 mm (1”) pieces and baker in hot water, at 90° C (194° F) for 20 minutes. Asperse in algid baptize to cool.
- Grind the fat through 8 mm (3/8”) plate.
- Peel onions again baker them in baptize at 90° C (194° F) for 5 minutes. Chop the onions cautiously again fry them on low calefaction in some lard. Activity the onions generally and fry for 60 minutes, do not let them become brown.
- Precook arch meat or banknote in baptize at 90° C (194° F) until softer.
- Chop basics into abate pieces.
- Using aliment processor alloy blood, milk, cream, meat/skins, onions, basics and all capacity together.
- Using bail cascade the sausage accumulation about into 36 mm pork casings authoritative one continued spiral. Actualize beneath links by agee or application boner twine.
- Cook in baptize at 80° C (176° F) for 35 minutes.
- Immerse in algid baptize for 5 minutes. Cesspool and advance on the table to clear moisture.