Botagueña, additionally accepted as tarángana in Castilla la Vieja, güeña in La Nueva, virica in Navarra, is a claret sausage fabricated with encallado (pieces of lungs, affection or stomach), which is additionally alleged bits meat. Botagueña, clashing archetypal claret sausages, is not adapted afterwards stuffing. The sausage is smoked, broiled and stored in air-conditioned able-bodied aerial allowance and is characterized by its continued shelf life.
|Pork fat, fat trimmings||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Pork lungs, heart, stomach||550 g||1.21 lb|
|Pork blood||150 ml||5 oz fl|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|Salt||28 g||4.5 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pimentón, sweet||25 g||4 Tbsp|
|Pimentón, hot||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Red pepper or cayenne||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Anise||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Cilantro, ground||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Oregano, ground||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
- Cook lungs, affection and abdomen until soft. Air-conditioned and bullwork through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Grind fat through 5 mm (1/4") plate.
- Mix meat, fat and all capacity together. Authority for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Stuff into 32 mm pork casings.
- Apply a attenuate algid smoke 18° C (64° F) for 10 days. Traditionally, the sausage was afraid aloft the copse accursed kitchen stove area it acquired altered flavors and smoke from accustomed cooking.
- Dry at 12-15° C (53-59° F), 75-85% clamminess for 2 weeks.
- Store in cool, not boiling and able-bodied aerial place. The sausages accumulate able-bodied for up to 6 months.
Botagueña is not cooked. It is dried/smoked for 3-4 weeks.