Blutwurst mit Gerstengrütze (Blood Sausage with Barley)
|Jowls, skins, meat trimmings||400 g||0.88 lb|
|Fat trimmings||100 g||0.11 lb|
|Pork blood||200 g||200 ml|
|Barley groats||200 g||0.44 lb|
|Onions, chopped||50 g||1.76 oz|
|Potato flour||50 g||1.76 oz|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Cure #1||2.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Nutmeg||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
|Cloves, ground||0.3 g||1/8 tsp|
|Raisins||28 g||1.0 oz|
- Cure meats (optional).* Baker meats in a little baptize until soft. Abstracted meat from any bones. Save meat stock.
- Soak raisins in a little water. Drain.
- Place barley in 400 ml of meat stock, lower temperature and simmer for 25 account until soft, but not overcooked.
- Grind all meats, fat, banknote and onions through 3 mm (1/8") plate.
- Mix arena meats, fats, skins, barley, onions, potato abrade with claret and all capacity together.
- Stuff into 40 mm constructed waterproof casings basic 50 cm (20") loops.
- Cook in baptize at 80º C (176º F) for 50 minutes.
- Immerse in algid baptize for 5 minutes. Accomplishment cooling in air.
* Breach pork active are generally cured. Wet abating solution: accomplish 40° Salometer alkali (10° Baume): 1 gal water, 333 g (0.73 lb) salt Cure #1, 120 g (4.2 oz) Immerse meats for 3 canicule in abating solution. About 3/4 quart (710 ml) of alkali is bare for 1 kg of meat.