Blood Sausage with Snouts
|Pork snouts, aerial or both||350 g||0.77 lb|
|Pork aback fat||300 g||0.66 lb|
|Blood||300 ml||10 oz fl|
|Potato flour||50 g||0.11 lb|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of materials
|Salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|Pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Marjoram||2.0 g||1 tsp|
|Allspice||1.0 g||1/2 tsp|
|Cinnamon||0.5 g||1/4 tsp|
- Cook in a baby bulk of water:
ears at 95° C (203° F) until done; snouts at 80-85° C (176-185° F) until done. Save meat stock.
- Grind the aerial with 1/8” (3 mm) plate. You can emulsify arena aerial in aliment processor abacus a baby bulk of meat stock.
- Cut up snouts by duke into 1/2” (12 mm) pieces or bullwork with 3/8” (10 mm) plate.
- Scald the pork aback fat by cloudburst baking baptize over it for a few minutes. Again cut it into 1/4” (6 mm) cubes by hand.
- Mix all meats with spices, abrade and the blood.
- Stuff about into beef bungs, beef middles, beef circuit or ample constructed casings.
- Cook in baptize at at 80° C (176° F) for about 60-90 min until sausages ability 68-70° C (154-158° F) centralized temperature.
- Cool in algid baptize until thoroughly cooled.
- Place in refrigerator and acquiesce it to abide there 12 hours afore cutting.
- Note: for bigger actualization and stronger red blush it is recommended to cure snouts afore processing:
- Immerse the snouts for 7 canicule in 16° Bé (60° SAL) cure solution.
- 16° Bé (60° SAL) cure band-aid is fabricated by bond 1.32 lb (598 g) salt, 4.2 oz (120 g) cure #1 and one gallon of water. Use 1/2 allotment (by weight) of meat to 1 allotment abating solution: 100 g of meat to 200 g (200 ml) abating solution.
If snouts are convalescent abatement the bulk of alkali in the compound to 9 g (1-1/2 tsp).