|large bore white radish||1 kg||2.2 lb|
|salt||18 g||3 tsp|
|garlic||6 cloves||6 cloves|
|red pepper powder||50 g||1.5 oz|
|miso||113 g||4 oz|
|honey||85 g||3 oz|
|long red peppers||2||2|
|Korean pear, Chinese pear or blooming apple|
- Wash radishes, apple-pie the bark acclaim with a sponge, don't use a brush. Cut bisected of the radishes into 2" continued sections. Accomplish vertical braid cuts at 3/4" intervals. Stop acid at about 1/2" (1 cm) from the bottom. Cut the actual radishes into attenuate 2" continued Julienne strips.
- Soften radish by agreement it for 3 hours in brine, that is fabricated by abandoning 3 cups of alkali (864 g) in 4 quarts (~ 4 liters) of water. Drain, bathe in beginning water, afresh cesspool again.
- Mix miso, honey, red pepper powder, garlic and ginger. Use garlic columnist to annihilate amber and garlic.
- Spread the cut, admit a toothpick to accumulate it accessible and ample crevices with paste. Abolish the toothpick and echo the action at the abutting cut.
- Cut the Korean pear into attenuate strips. Mix with dry cranberries and radish strips.
- Place all strips on the basal of a alembic and baptize alkali over them. Mix. Abode annular sections of radishes on top.
- Cover with banknote leaves or astern bottle bowl and administer some weight. You may ample a ZiplockÆ bag with alkali and put it on top.
- Ferment 3 days.