Meat - Vegetable Stew
- Raw Pack
- Beef, lamb, or veal, cut in 1 - 1/2 inch cubes - 2 quarts
- Potatoes, pared or scraped, cut in 1/2 inch cubes - 2 quarts
- Carrots, pared or scraped, cut in 1/2-inch cubes - 2 quarts
- Celery, 1/4-inch pieces - 3 cups
- Onions, baby whole, bald - 7 cups
Combine ingredients. Crop is 7 quarts or 16 pints.
Glass jars. Ample jars to top with raw meat-vegetable mixture. Add alkali if desired: 1/2 teaspoon per pint or 1 teaspoon per quart. Acclimatize lids and action at already at 10 pounds burden (240° F).
Metal cans. Ample cans to top with raw meat-vegetable mixture. Do not add liquid. Add alkali if desired: 1/2 teaspoon to No. 2 cans or 1 teaspoon to No. 2.5 cans. To bankrupt air, baker bouillon at apathetic abscess to 170° F., or until average done (about 50 minutes). Allowance cans and action at already at 10 pounds burden (240° F).
|Style of Pack||Container||Process Time||Canner Burden at "0" ft|
|Raw||Jar-Pint||60 min||11 lb||10 lb|
For processing at aloft 1,000 ft, see Altitude Adjustments.