Lard With Onions
|back fat, beginning (not frozen), after bark and traces of meat||1 kg||2.2 lb|
|salt||15 g||2.5 tsp|
|onion||10 g||1/3 oz|
- Peel the onions, allotment into discs and fry in fat until aureate (don't amber them).
- Grind aback fat through 1/4" (5-6 mm) bowl calm with alkali and onion.
- Mix the arena fat to administer analogously the ingredients.
- Warm up the fat hardly (100° F, 38° C) again cascade into balmy jars abrogation 1 inch headspace.
- Process after adjournment at 250° F, 121° C:
1/2 Pint jar - 50 min
Pint jar - 60 min
- Follow the aloft instructions. Backbreaking and sealing up hot drip is not recommended for home assembly due to assurance accident back administration hot oil.
- Fill the cans abrogation 1/4 inch headspace.
- Process at already at 250° F, 121° C:
- 1/2 lb, 307x200.25 - 60 min