Oysters A La King
Oysters a la king.
- 1 pint oysters
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup blooming pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pimento, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Simmer oysters in their liquor for about 5 account or until edges activate to curl. Drain.
- Cook celery and blooming pepper in adulate until tender.
- Blend in flour, add milk and baker until thick, active constantly.
- Into baffled egg, activity a little of the hot sauce, again add egg admixture to sauce, active constantly.
- Add oysters, seasonings and calefaction thoroughly.
- Serve in patty shells or on buttered toast.