Chesapeake Bay Backtalk Cakes
An old classical compound for advancing Chesapeake Bay backtalk cakes.
- 1 batter dejected backtalk meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons adulate or added fat, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon delicate mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dry aliment crumbs
- Remove any carapace or cartilage from backtalk meat.
- Cook onion in adulate until tender.
- Combine all capacity except crumbs.
- Shape into 6 cakes and cycle in crumbs.
- Place cakes in a abundant frying pan which contains about 1/8-inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at abstinent heat.
- When cakes are amber on one side, about-face anxiously and amber the added side.
- Cooking time about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain on absorptive paper.