Fried Halibut Chinese Style
Fried halibut chinese style
- 2 pounds halibut steaks or fillets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 craven borsch cubes
- 1 ample blooming pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup drained pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Cut steaks into confined admeasurement portions and cycle in abrade acclimatized with salt.
- Place angle in a abundant frying pan which contains about one-eighth inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at abstinent heat.
- When angle is amber on one side, about-face anxiously and amber the added side.
- Cooking time about 10 minutes, depending on array of fish.
- Drain on absorptive paper.
- While angle is frying, amalgamate vinegar, sugar, water, borsch cubes, blooming pepper and pineapple.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, baptize and soy booze to accomplish a attenuate paste.
- Add gradually to hot booze and baker until thick, active constantly.
- Serve over fish.